Capricorn (December 23 – January 19) aka “The Achiever”
- Capricorn is the 10th of the 12 signs in the astrological zodiac, which begins its cycle newly every winter in the northern hemisphere.
- Capricorn is symbolized by the driven and persistent mountain goat.
- Capricorn energy is willful and determined, focused on the loftiest goals.
- They set their mind on an outcome, and reach the finish line.
- It is one of the 3 zodiac signs under the earth element.
- Since Capricorn is the third and final Earth sign, it combines Taurus’ rock-solid foundation and Virgo’s skillful plans into a high rise penthouse fit for world domination.
- The ruling planet is Saturn.
- Saturn rules over harshness, structure, and hard work.
- Saturn is the planet of repression.
- Capricorn is one of the 4 cardinal signs.
Capricorn Personality Traits
- Capricorn are the type that are goal oriented and driven despite all odds.
- Achievement is everything to a Capricorn.
- Natural born leaders and tend to take life very seriously.
- The muscle and power behind the very successful machine.
- Satisfaction is in the achievement
Strengths of a Capricorn: Driven, patient, strategic, determined, disciplined, reliable, responsible, and persistent.
Areas that need help: Pessimistic, greedy, cynical, fearful, ruthless in achieving goals, rigid and miserly.
3 Types of Capricorn
- Born at the end of December – The sun is in the beginning of Capricorn. That means you are very ambitions, indeed, and you complete whatever you being, no matter how much of an effort it takes you. You can be quite demanding to others, too. Since this is the cardinal part of the sign, and Capricorn has the cardinal quality, people born with this sun are the most typical Capricorn, showing traits clearly.
- Born in the beginning of January – The sun is in the middle of Capricorn. The you have great perseverance. You know that in the long run, anything can be accomplished, so you’re in no hurry- but your goals are set
- Born in the middle of January – The sun is at the end of Capricorn. Then you have a tendency to be impatient and take on tasks that may be too much. Occasionally- actually quite regularly- you push yourself too much. You’re also frustrated at times, because you don’t always get the leading role you’re convinced that you deserve.
Stones and gems
The Zodiac sign of Capricorn includes four stones: ruby, agate, garnet, and black onyx.
In addition to the Zodiac stones, lapis lazuli is listed as the Planetary stone for Capricorn and onyx as the Talismanic Stone.
“Horoscope Dates.” Horoscope Dates – Discover What the 12 Zodiac Signs Mean!, http://www.horoscopedates.com/
“Zodiac Dates, Zodiac Quiz & Calculator.” Zodiac Sign Astrology, http://www.helloastrology.com/.
The Curious Lore of Precious Stones by G.F. Kunz. J.D. Lippincott. 1913
International Colored Gemstone Association http://gemstone.org
Gemstones of the World by Walter Schumann. Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Gems and Jewelry by Joel E. Arem. Geoscience Press. 1992
Gems in Myth, Legend, and Lore by Bruce G. Knuth. Jeweler’s Press 1999
Healing Crystals by Cassandra Eason. Vega 2003