Cancer (June 21 – July 22) aka “The Benefactor”
- Cancer is the 4th of the 12 signs in the astrological zodiac, which begins its cycle at the start of summer in the northern hemisphere.
- Cancer is symbolized by the crab, with its impenetrable outer shell and vulnerable underside.
- Cancer energies make us cling to comforts.
- Carries home on its back and sets up cozy and safe spaces whenever it goes.
- The ruling planet is the moon.
- The moon rules the inner self, arousing our deepest soul desires and emotional cravings
- It affects our moods the most
- Usually represented as a Goddess
- Cancer is one of the 4 cardinal signs.
- It is one of 3 signs ruled under the water element.
- Cancer is the first water sign. It is the fluid river that gets the emotion ocean and creative juices flowing.
Cancer Personality Traits
- To a Cancer, the important aspect of living is how we feel, how our sentiments are fed and rewarded.
- Typical cancer is regarded as the maternal character; its traits being protective with the power of a ruler, but indeed a benevolent one.
- The sense of home is incredible important to their feelings of safety.
- Deeply loving with a great sense of loyalty
- They find happiness in sharing what they have, and can suffer deeply when relationships, romantic or otherwise, don’t workout.
- Cancers can become very brooding and moody if they feel that their emotional needs are not being met.
- Their clingy nature can lead them to be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Odd sense of humor.
- The Cancer has the ability to understand what others desire or seek.
- During moments of grief, other signs gravitate towards cancer signs because of their willingness to listen and ability to understand.
Strengths of a Cancer: Nurturing, supportive, healing, compassionate, unconditionally loving.
Areas that need help: Dependent, indirect, moody, passive aggressive, unable to let go
3 Types of Cancer
- Born at the end of June – The sun is in the beginning of Cancer. then you’re very controlling and dominating, especially in an emotional way. you allow yourself to interfere in order to make others feel better. Since this is the cardinal part of the sign and Cancer is cardinal sign, people with this sun are the most typical cancer, showing traits clearly.
- Born in the beginning of July – The sun is in the middle of Cancer. That means you’re protective trying to maintain a stillness so that others don’t get upset or worried. you strive for everyone to feel good, forever.
- Born in the middle of July – The sun is at the end of Cancer. That makes you anxious to avoid situations that might worry others or make them feel unpleasant. You are tireless in your efforts to make everybody feel good, and it takes a toll on you. Also in your efforts to please, you may unwillingly irritate the people around you.
Stones and gems
The Zodiac sign of Cancer includes four stones: emerald, moonstone, pearl, and ruby.
In addition to the Zodiac stones, moonstone is listed as the Planetary stone for Cancer and sapphire as the Talismanic Stone.
“Horoscope Dates.” Horoscope Dates – Discover What the 12 Zodiac Signs Mean!, http://www.horoscopedates.com/
“Zodiac Dates, Zodiac Quiz & Calculator.” Zodiac Sign Astrology, http://www.helloastrology.com/.
The Curious Lore of Precious Stones by G.F. Kunz. J.D. Lippincott. 1913
International Colored Gemstone Association http://gemstone.org
Gemstones of the World by Walter Schumann. Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Gems and Jewelry by Joel E. Arem. Geoscience Press. 1992
Gems in Myth, Legend, and Lore by Bruce G. Knuth. Jeweler’s Press 1999
Healing Crystals by Cassandra Eason. Vega 2003